R&D Sr Specialist, Cellulose Conversion
R&D Sr Specialist, Cellulose Conversion
Do you enjoy problem solving and R&D and want to utilise your and work in a global renewable materials company? Do you want to work in an
Stora Enso has some 26 000 employees in over 30 countries. Our sales in 2017 were EUR 10 billion, with an operational EBIT of EUR 1 billion. Stora Enso shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Oy (STEAV, STERV) and Nasdaq Stockholm AB (STE A, STE R). In Stora Enso Biomaterials, we develop innovative and sustainable solutions enhancing the well-being of the people and the planet. Inspired by the way people live and act, we constantly rethink status-quos across different sectors starting from renewable feedstock that does not compete with food. By integrating breakthrough innovations from our research to our mills, we transform ideas into tangible and game changing solutions. We have global presence with operations in Brazil, Finland, Laos, Sweden, United States and Uruguay. The Division’s Innovation function has a key role in developing new applications and solutions addressing well identified customer needs. The newly established Innovation Centre in Stockholm hosts versatile talents in research & development, business development and marketing working together to reach our ambitious goals.
Do you enjoy problem solving and R&D and want to utilise your and work in a global renewable materials company?
Do you want to work in an international organisation that develops innovative and sustainable solutions and products enhancing the well-being of the people and the planet?
Then you should continue reading and apply for this position! This position offers you an exciting possibility to work in industrial, dynamic, multicultural environment and you will be working in our newly established Innovation Centre in Stockholm.
Division Biomaterials is now looking for a (Senior-) R&D Specialist Cellulose Conversion in the Research & Development department based in Stockholm. She or he will be reporting to the R&D Manager Cellulose Conversion processes and products, Biomaterials Innovation Center.
Your role will be to contribute to and supervise activities in technological projects in the area of conversion of pulp and other cellulosic materials to new value added products. With your technological support, you will contribute to successfully bringing new applications, technologies and products derived cellulose into the market and develop new solutions together with external partners.
You will be closely working with our R&D and business development teams. Your role is critical in ensuring successful development of new technologies and enabling commercial upscaling of novel products and new concepts. You will have the opportunity to be part of a growing team that is key to our journey towards a truly renewable materials company.
• Contribute to and supervise activities within technology & product development projects in the area of cellulose conversion (area of responsibility)
• Build up and continuously update our knowledge base in the field of cellulose conversion in areas such as dissolution and regeneration, chemical modification, mechanical refining and milling, enzymatic modification or other technologies.
• Responsibility for the progress of technological project progress and achieving necessary results
• Lead internal as well as external development activities
• Identify and communicate with external resources and partners
• Develop new technologies, products and methods in the area of responsibility
• Act as senior expert in the area of responsibility
• Gather a deeper understanding of the material behaviour and the technologies required/ to be developed for successfully converting pulp, cellulose, biomass to new and novel products for identified strategic markets.
• Chemistry & Technology support for building pilot/production-scale cellulose conversion facilities
• Challenge the status-quo in target industries and drive adoption of disruptive innovations by customers in early-stage markets.
• Build strong external relationships with key players in R&D and technology suppliers within the area of responsibility. Manage the projects within area of responsibility and technology development platforms according to the strategic objectives and KPIs agreed upon with the supervisor.
Core Qualifications, skills and other abilities:
To be a suitable candidate for the position you have an advanced degree (preferably PhD) in chemistry, chemical engineering or material science and at least 5 years previous work experience including proven record as lead scientist in complex projects. You have the ability to communicate technical knowledge across a number of levels of the business. You communicate effectively with all the stakeholders and you are able to show strong performance in a highly demanding environment, prioritize, and manage resources efficiently.
You have background and experience within the following areas:
• Work experience in field of cellulose conversion
• Work experience in process and/or product development
• Experience in the area intellectual property
• A strong network in R&D community and pulp and paper/chemical industries is preferred
• Good technical knowledge and experience in micro fibrillated cellulose and cellulose regeneration is preferred
We believe you are a result-driven problem solver with a can-do attitude and the ability to solve technology challenges with a structured approach. You are energetic and creative with an analytical/technical mind-set. You have the ability to build effective working relationships within multicultural teams across geographies and backgrounds and enjoy to work in an international multicultural environment. You are fluent in English and are willing to travel.
If you find the above description interesting, send in your application!
The final application date is 17th august, please apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are ongoing. Please note that we only accept applications via Stora Enso's Career Pages, follow the link below:
Please note! No applications registered on Manpower/Experis websites will be included in the recruitment process.
We have made our media selection for this recruitment and therefore declines contact with advertisers and sales staff for recruitment services.
For further information regarding the job please contact Heidi Saxell, R&D Manager Cellulose Conversion, email@example.com, Tel. +46 72 555 0446
Cheya Shwani, HR Specialist, Cheya.firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +46 73 059 68 75
In this recruitment, Stora Enso cooperates with Manpowergroup Solutions, a sister company of Experis. If you have any questions about the application, please contact us: +46 (0) 8 764 24 40.