Red Bee Media is the world's leading Managed Service provider to the media industry. Working with thebest media brands in the world, we
Experis Engineering is on behalf of our client Red Bee Media looking for a Streaming Operations Engineer. This is a consultant assignment. Experis will be your employer and you will work as a consultant at our clients office, which is located in Stockholm.
Red Bee Media is the world's leading Managed Service provider to the media industry. Working with the
best media brands in the world, we enrich and ensure media experiences.
Every day, people on all continents watch television programs prepared, managed and broadcasted by Red
Bee Media staff. Every year, our business delivers more than 2.7 million hours of programming in more than
60 languages for nearly 600 TV channels.
You'll be a part of the Sweden Stream Delivery team who operates about 1800 IP and OTT live streams 24/7,
365 days a year. These video streams are consumed by end customers on various TV-platforms on different
devices such as web, iOS, Android and Set-top boxes.
Your role as Streaming Operations Engineer will be divided into two responsibility areas.
One part is to closely monitor quality of service, the media infrastructure and software applications with real
time analytics and monitoring tools as well as act immediate first line response in case of technical issues.
You will be working with incident coordination and support to ensure that services provided to customers
are continuously available and performing.
In time the role will add on more responsibility and you will assist with more complicated error handling and
debugging of technical issues. You will work with Problem Management, communicate with customers on a
higher technical level, make documentations of different setups and changes that are made within the
services as well as perform maintenance work.
Since we provide a 24/7 service and we always need to keep the office staffed the team work in three shifts.
Essential everyday concepts:
- Encoding, transcoding and packaging media
- The concept of OTT delivery and JITP
- DRM, CMS and CDN
- Streaming protocols I.e. HLS, MSS, DASH and CMAF for video packaging
- Understanding about networks and the different protocols in the TCP/IP domain
- Understanding about OSPF networking and connectivity over networks
- Troubleshooting issues using Linux bash in a terminal and basic knowledge around Linux administration,
particularly Redhat and Centos
- Change management, incident management, configuration management and problem management.
Who are you?
We think that you have an Academic degree in engineering in the area of Media Technology, Computer
Science, Information and Communications Technology, Computer Engineering or similar. You should enjoy
coordination and organization. You should like change but if you have a restless soul this is probably not the
place for you, since this role is much about keeping focus all though no incidents occur for several hours.
However, if you are an eager beaver and act to make improvements and work proactively you will find that
there are always tasks waiting for someone to pick them up. The bottom line is; the attitude of the applicant
makes a considerable difference in the chances of be elected for this role.
What we can offer you is a unique work place in the television production industry and opportunity to build
a wide IT/media technology profile in the hot and expanding streaming video business.
Most importantly, you are here to learn new things, help out wherever you can and contribute to Red Bee
Media being the best media service provider on the planet.
- You have experience delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- You bring with you excellent planning, analyzing, and organizing skills
- You connect, mentor and are a great teammate
- You promote knowledge sharing and collaboration
- You have good social and communication skills
- You speak and write Swedish and English well
- You like problem solving & creative thinking
- You like learning new things.
Please attach your CV and apply to this position through this web-page. Should you have any questions regarding the position or Experis, you are more than welcome to contact Consultant Manager Lotta Blanck.
We do not accept applications by e-mail. Send in your application as soon as possible. The applications will be evaluated continuously.
Looking forward to receiving your application.