Head of Nordic Accounting
Head of Nordic Accounting
We are now looking for a Head of Nordic Accounting to Findus’s Nordic head office in Malmö. Job description As Head of Nordic
We wish to improve life with good and healthy food. Food that is good and nutritious, and of course, of sustainable origin. We are proud to be Findus. Findus Sverige AB is one of the leading food companies in Sweden and has a turnover of approx 2 billion SEK, where frozen products constitute the largest part. Findus Sweden is part of Nomad Foods Europe that operates in 15 countries, with a turnover of 2.1 MEUR, and approx 4300 employees. Findus Sverige AB has about 220 employees and the head office is located in central Malmö. Read more at www.findus.se
We are now looking for a Head of Nordic Accounting to Findus’s Nordic head office in Malmö.
As Head of Nordic Accounting you will be responsible for the Financial Accounting and Reporting, and associated processes and controls, managing the financial shared service team, and relationship with external bodies. The Head of Nordic Accounting reports directly to the Nordic Finance Director. The position is located in Malmö.
- Manage the full accounting transaction processing teams, currently 8 FTEs, and their individual job descriptions and career developments
- Optimize the team structure and roles to ensure optimized use of resources
- Manage the inter-dependencies between the accounting department and other departments within the Company
- Manage the accounting related cooperation and communication with the Company’s central functions
Financial reporting responsibilities
- Provide analysis and advice to the Finance Director on the potential implications of proposed changes in accounting rules / policies and legislation / government rules. This includes the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act and International Financial Reporting Standards as well as Swedish, Danish and Norwegian GAAP
- Make recommendations on how the organization should adopt best practice in terms of financial reporting (where it is not already doing so)
- Manage all the statutory reporting of the Company, including all reporting to the Swedish, Norwegian and Danish Authorities and other external stakeholders
- Ensure and optimize the production of the financial month-end, quarter end and annual reporting process and ensure the process is efficient and meet stakeholder needs
- Manage the production of the Annual Report and Accounts and the associated supporting evidence and reconciliations, working with the Finance Director and others to ensure that the organization receives a clean audit report
- Manage the short-, medium and long term cash forecasting process and reporting the cash requirements of the Company
- Ensure that all transactions comply with appropriate Tax and VAT regulations and submitting the Tax and VAT Return on behalf of the Company
- Supporting FP&A team in reconciling the management accounts
- Produce, as required, any ad hoc reports required by the Director of Finance
- Ensure other parts of the Finance Department and organization as a whole are kept abreast of any significant implications arising from changes in accounting rules
Transaction Processing / Systems / Controls
- Responsible for ensuring that the Company is compliant with the SOX act
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the data held within the finance systems and the security of the related data entry processes
- Through preparation / review (as appropriate) of balance sheet / control accounts reconciliations, ensure the balances reported in the financial statements are complete and accurate
- Take lead in recommending improvements to financial accounting / transaction processes of the organization
- Mange the fixed assets register of the organization
- Take the lead in ensuring that any internal or external audit management letter points relevant to the Financial Accounting function are cleared on a timely and appropriate basis
- Ensure that key financial processes are properly documented and updated and reviewed regularly with a view to achieving improvements and efficiencies
- Responsible for managing and controlling the Chart of Accounts in liaison with Group
- Take ownership of the Company’s core systems used in the accounting processes, notably SAP in liaison with Group IT
- Support in alignment with Nomad systems and processes or any local requirements.
Liaison with external bodies
- Manage the external audit processes in cooperation with the external auditor, ensuring that relevant bodies are supplied with information as required, within the agreed timetable and that staff are available for interim and final audits
- Liaison with the Nordic authorities and implementation of new policies in relation to external changes to Nordic rules or financial reporting standards
- Assist internal auditors with financial accounting related reviews and, where agreed by the Audit Committee, implement recommendations for procedural changes
You have an academic degree in Finance and at least five years experience in qualified accounting and statutory reporting. You have previous line or department manager responsibilities. As a person you are flexible and comfortable working with multiple and changing priorities. You are an independent, responsible problem solver that likes to take action and drive change. As a manager you deliver through others and have the abilities to motivate and create an efficient team
You are fluent in English and one of the Scandinavian languages.
What we offer you
Findus is part of Nomad Foods Europe. You will join an expanding international group with good possibilities to develop your skills and responsibilities. The organization is positive to new ideas and you will have good opportunity to influence and change. The Head of Nordic Accounting will work closely with the headquarter in the UK.
Experis is Findus’ partner in this recruitment process. Selection of candidates will be done continuously, so please send your application as soon as possible. Application is done by clicking on the link in the ad on www.experis.se. For more information please contact recruitment consultant Rikard Karlsson on 0709-316 318 or firstname.lastname@example.org.