Do you have experience from surface treatment and want to have an important role at a global but pragmatic company where you all learn to know each other as part of an international family? Facil is a global company with approximately 450 employees and their head office is located in Belgium. Facil is now looking for a surface treatment (coating) expert to be located in either Sweden (Gothenburg, Tuve), Belgium, Spain, France or Germany. This recruitment process is a cooperation between Experis AB and Facil Corporate. You will be hired by Facil.
What is the role about?
You will be the global technical expert for surface treatment (metal painting/plating/coating/phosphating) of (automotive) fasteners.
With your expertise you will help the other departments (quality, engineering, purchasing, sales, business development, and marketing) to lead the development of surface treatment processes of suppliers and sub-suppliers and monitoring of their quality control processes.
You will be responsible for selecting, developing and managing the surface treatment supplier base and efficiently evaluate and audit the surface treatment (sub)suppliers. You will be travelling approx. 50% of your time, from which approx. 70% in Europe and the rest in North-America and Asia.
In case of quality or application problems you will provide technical knowledge to the global operational teams (Europe/North America/Asia) and lead the problem-solving process.
You will take the technical lead in Facil's blank sourcing project and will support the organization accomplishing the project milestones.
As technique interests you and you are eager to learn you will be flexible to explore new developments in surface treatment to support new customers and market needs across the globe.
You will advise internal and external partners, customers and suppliers about innovations, new product and market developments. As you are the center of expertise in your field you will record and transfer your experience and knowledge within the different teams by developing and organizing regular training programs. While doing so you combine a theoretical approach with a pragmatic mind-set.
You will be working as a member of the corporate quality & engineering team and will be reporting to the Vice President Quality & Engineering.
Experience and education
- You have an engineering (chemical, physical, industrial, electromechanical or mechanical) degree or equivalent by experience.
- You have thorough knowledge and experience in the field of surface treatment processes and products and corrosion tests preferably for automotive components. Practical development, process knowledge and production experience are required.
- Experience with Plating/Coating System assessment (CQI-11, CQI-12) is a plus.
- Experience with 6-Sigma, Problem solving and Automotive Core tools is a plus.
- You are interested to explore new technical fields.
- You like travelling, up to 50% of your time from which approx. 70% in Europe.
- Thanks to your strong communication skills and good knowledge of English, you excel at teamwork and are strong in gathering, documenting and sharing your knowledge and experience with others.
- You are an independent, perseverant and systematic worker with a goal-oriented and analytical mind-set.
In this recruitment process Facil is cooperating with Experis. If you have questions you are welcome to contact recruitment consultant Adam Grundqvist, 031617253, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are doing interviews continuously so apply as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Pioneers in the industry, our Fasteneers connect innovative engineering with purchasing, quality and logistics to offer you a one-stop-shop partner in fastening technology.
Engage our Fasteneers in the concept stage of your projects to maximize your cost-savings and process improvements. Our Fasteneers are all about providing universal connectivity: yes, between parts (with the most innovative and cost-effective fastening solutions) but also between challenge and solution − by detecting issues at the design stage, before they go into production.
By optimizing your sourcing strategy and installing next-generation fastening and supply chain solutions, our Fasteneers speed your time-to-market and lower your total costs in your fastener value chain.