Part of the bio economy, Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper globally. We believe that everything that is made from fossil-based materials today can be made from a tree tomorrow. Stora Enso has some 26,000 employees in over 30 countries. Our sales in 2017 were EUR 10 billion.
Sourcing & Logistics contributes to Stora Enso's transformation and profitable growth by leveraging supplier competence and partnerships for innovation, customer value creation and new technical solutions. Our vision is to be the Preferred Sourcing and Logistics Partner today and tomorrow, creating value for Stora Enso by effectively and efficiently meeting the business needs for Sourced Products, Services and Logistics.
We are looking for a clear, visible and courageous Lead Buyer Services to lead and develop the procurement of services. As a lead buyer within Sourcing Sweden you will work in close cooperation with the full Sourcing Sweden team with the purpose to enhance value for business and to capture synergies of skills and scale.
Primary responsibility is to formulate and execute strategies for all services and products and in the categories in responsibility for all mills in scope with the target to deliver lower cost for the required quality and service leading to the overall target, Source the Best Partners.
Based on the strategies, yearly procurement plans are to be established and implemented with the available internal resources to make best use of the existing supplier agreements. Additionally, key areas are to develop existing and future supplier base, which includes pre-qualifications in line with our Sustainability agenda as well as to proactive lead continuous improvement efforts in close cooperation with selected key suppliers. The candidate will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems and procedures, making recommendation and implementing changes according Sourcing and Logistics strategy and One Sourcing Way.
You will report to the Director Sourcing Sweden.
Key success factor:
• Excellent cooperation with key stakeholders in operations/divisions and within Sourcing and Logistics organization to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans.
• Develop and execute category strategies with focus to deliver lower cost for needed quality and service with strong co-operation and liaison to global category managers.
• Create regional contracts and act as a regional coordinator for group wide contracts and capture cross-mills synergies.
• Build and execute yearly procurement plans for category that makes best use of available purchasing resources in liaison with Director Sourcing Sweden.
• Responsible to develop and adjust the supplier base in the category select and prequalify suppliers in category securing our Sustainability agenda (Supplier Code of Conduct, Sustainability criteria in tenders, Safety trail).
• Monitor market development for new opportunities, prepare purchase volume and price forecasts as required with close cooperation with global category managers and maintains the price index for services in region.
• Contract Management ensuring usage and execution, development according to needs and help with potential claims, take corrective actions as needed and ensure involvement of Legal team in timely manner.
• Be Supplier Account Manager (SAM) for assigned suppliers
Formal competencies, experiences and personal skills:
• 5+ years’ experience in international procurement
• Master degree in relevant area (engineering/technical or economics/finance), or equivalent experience
• Very strong communication skills as well as solid experience in English and Swedish language business negotiations
• Good understanding of strategic sourcing practices and contract law
• Strong supplier relations skills, strong negotiating skills and thorough understanding of supplier market and key drivers.
• Solid team player with ability to work independently and to build networks in an international context.
• Experience from multicultural contexts and remote people management.
• Highly structured and systematic, works proactively and result-oriented as well as willing and able to take initiative.
• Solid analytical skills. Able to define and understand the most critical issues and to set and manage structure.
• Solid financial understanding (TCO – total cost of ownership) with the capability to perform both on a strategic planning level as well as in executing the defined long-term plans successfully
• Stora Enso’s value of “Do What’s Right” must be strongly reflected in high personal integrity and accountability.
• Process and applications skills: SAP MM or similar, MS Office, Outlook
Location: Sweden, local placement in one of our mills, Skoghall, Gruvön, Fors or Skutskär. The position requires travelling.
The final application date is please 28th of May, apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are ongoing. We welcome your application in English, and information about which location you are interested in assuming.Please note that we only accept applications via Stora Enso's Career Pages, follow the link below.
No applications registered on Manpower/Experis websites will be included in the recruitment process.
We have made our media selection for this recruitment and therefore declines contact with advertisers and sales staff for recruitment services.
For further information regarding the job please contact Anders Malmborg, Sourcing Sweden Director, +46 72 514 71 51 or
Catrin N Dammert, HR Consultant Sourcing and Logistics, +46 70 864 47 25
In this recruitment, Stora Enso cooperates with Manpowergroup Solutions, a sister company of Experis. If you have any questions about the application, please contact us: +46 (0) 8 764 24 40.