Now we are looking for a System test engineer ready for the next challenge! This is a long-term consultancy at Bombardier RCS, which works to develop signal systems to ensure safe trains. Warm welcome with your application!
Purpose of the role
The System test Engineer is responsible for reviewing requirements and design for testability and for verifying that the products fulfil their functional and performance requirements by test. The Test Engineer is also responsible for creating and maintaining test environments which can simulate various types of inputs to an embedded system and check for appropriate system responses.
The Systems under test contain both Software and Hardware sub-systems which are designed in-house. Consequently, the system test engineer role is multidisciplinary. It requires basic knowledge of both HW and SW aspects of embedded system design in order to be able to provide feedback to the developers and assist in fault tracing.
The System Test Engineer is also expected to assist the project manager in creating a test plan; to identify the test activities that shall be performed in order to adequately verify the product and the optimal sequence in which those activities should be performed.
Experience testing or developing systems for use in safety critical applications is an asset; most of the products we develop perform safety critical functions for railway signalling applications – such as determining the vehicle speed and location.
• Devise a test strategy for a safety critical embedded system.
• Review system requirements and design for testability.
• Develop test environments for new products and maintain existing test equipment.
• Create test cases to verify requirements and simulate operational scenarios.
• Execute the system tests and document the results.
• Report product defects and propose mitigations.
Your experience and qualifications
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering;
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a System or Software Test Engineer
• Experience in creating test plans and test specifications for safety critical systems
• Proficient with C/C++ and Tcl/Expect
• Familiarity with the tools Vectorcast, LDRA and Matlab is an asset
• Familiarity with test techniques recommended by the railway safety standards is an asset (EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129)
• English at a business fluent level is mandatory, Swedish at a good level is preferable.
What can we offer you?
• Valuable experience
• Fun and interesting assignments
• Possibility to develop your skills on behalf of some of Sweden's largest companies in several different industries
• Secure employment in collective agreements with overtime compensation, vacation, occupational pension and insurance
• A consultant manager who supports and helps you with your career planning
Warmly welcome your application by registering your resume via the link to the right, selection is ongoing. We do not accept applications via mail but if you have questions about the assignment or about the role of consultant, you are welcome to email candidate specialist Julia Järvholm at firstname.lastname@example.org.