At Experis, we do not consider ourselves to be like everyone else, we are proud of our consultants and together we find the right challenge for you. As a consultant at Experis, we offer you the opportunity to develop your skills on some of the largest companies in several different industries. We have high expectations on you, but in return we offer good development and career opportunities.
About the job
Over the past few years our client has undergone extensive changes in organization and are now looking to complement their packaging team with even more competence and experience with a quality engineer. With the ambition to develop more sustainable packaging solutions, with cost-consciousness top-of-mind, they are now looking for a quality engineer within Packaging Solution area who can contribute in applying innovation and smartness to the area of food packaging solutions.
About the assignment
With our client, a quality engineer within packaging solution, develops, improves and optimises packaging solutions for food products sold in the swedish food market stores all over the world. The assignment covers the following responsibilities:
- Create new packaging solutions, and improve existing solutions, to meet and exceed the demands on all aspects of form, function, cost, quality and sustainability.
- Together with the supplier, develop, improve and optimise the packaging by applying smartness and innovation to the solution.
- Secure that all packaging materials follow the Local and Global Regulations on Food Contact Materials.
- Secure that the packaging solution meets all technical & legal global requirements and keep the technical packaging documentation updated and correct according to guidelines and standards.
- Develop packaging materials and concepts that ensures the products remain intact throughout the entire transportation (e.g. container shipping), in different climate and temperature zones (e.g. withstand humidity).
- Identify cost saving improvements projects through the optimisation of primary/secondary packaging, e.g. extending product shelf-life, increase pallet filling rate.
- Identify, develop and document routines and ways of working connected to packaging development.
- Capture learnings and actively share knowledge connected to packaging.
For this position, we are looking for someone with "cutting edge experience" from working with packaging quality in the food and beverage industry. If you are motivated by creating innovative and smart, yet sustainable and cost-conscious packaging solutions, you could very well be the person we are looking for.
As a quality engineer within packaging solution, you need to have a solution-oriented approach to challenges, as well as a strong drive and passion for change. Great communication skills, and the capacity to plan, organise and prioritise your daily tasks are also required, since you will be involved in several different product development projects at the same time. Analytical and creative skills, as well as the ability to transfer knowledge, concepts and ideas into packaging solutions, are essential for this position.
You are passionate about sustainability and quality, and you make sure to stay updated on the latest trends and research in the packaging industry. You have a holistic approach to developing packaging, considering the entire value chain, from the supplier all the way to the store co-workers and customers.
- Degree within Sciences or Engineering or sustainability towards either chemical, industrial or packaging engineer or similar
- Knowledge/understanding of Food Protection, Safety and Microbiology
- Knowledge/understanding of barrier properties and barrier protection of packaging materials for food and beverages
- Experience from working with plastic, i.e. knowledge about its properties and its manufacturing process (thermoforming, injection molding, etc.).
- Knowledge in packaging construction in terms of drawing techniques, technical solutions and design for manufacturing
- Basic knowledge in packaging legal requirements as well as global packaging test methods and standards
- Experience from working with tools like Artios CAD and Solid Works
- Last but not least, you are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
What can we offer you?
We can offer you a challenging position in a creative environment, with high expectations on product functionality and quality and also professionalism from the team. You will work in an expanding and successful company with a high fun factor. We can offer you opportunities and experience of working in an international organization.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Hanna Iván email@example.com. You apply for this job through our website www.experis.com. Selection will be ongoing, please apply for this job as soon as possible.