Right now we're looking for a Pipeline TD, someone who's always on the outlook for media and 3D pipeline improvement. Someone with the talent of leading and developing technical requirements. We would like to find that someone with innovative mind and lateral thinking, who could ensure that major changes to system are successfully delivered.
In this position, you will get the chance to work with developers and 3D artists to change and improve pipeline tools in a global media production company.
About the job:
At this company, communication is created that inspires the many people. We contribute with global consumer centric and content driven communication. We strive for an agile way of working when developing the business. Here we believe that our workplaces should be about business & people. They should be sustainable and reflect our values and needs, both in the physical and the virtual working environment. We collaborate to perform, innovate and meet our business goals in the best way.
What you will be doing:
In this position, your main responsibility as a Pipeline Technical Developer will be to automate the process when creating product pictures. You will be in charge of the development and integration of the different tools and lead the team towards a more efficient workflow. You will keep dialogues with different stakeholders and departments so that you will understand their requirements to create streamlines or to enable an automate production workflow.
This also includes:
- Integrating tools with existing in-house tools and code base
- Creating documentation and tutorials for tools and integrations
- Customizing existing scripted tools to suit the needs of the studio, projects, and artists
- Working with artists, leads, and supervisors to implement solutions for production workflows
- Collaborating with the Pipeline Developers and technical developers to map out and optimize workflows and tool integration.
- Developing tools in collaboration with the pipeline developers and studio coding standards
- Research and recommend improvements to workflows to improve productivity or communication
A day at work will look like:
In this position, you will get the opportunity to participate in pipeline workflow and development design. You will develop quality, reusable code and liaise with artists and supervisors to gather pipeline requirements. Except that, you will also participate in the continuous improvement of the development process and stay up to date with the latest technologies and industry trends. You will provide software and tools support to production and artists.
- At least 3+ years' of experience in a computer science related field or in a technical visual effects position
- A good understanding of the VFX or feature Animation production pipeline
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of one or more of the following software: 3D Studio Max, Maya, Katana, Houdini or Nuke
- Experience with distributed version control such as Git
- Experience with 3D production or VFX pipelines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
PLEASE NOTE this position is based in Älmhult, Sweden. We do not have an application deadline for this position. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate. If you have any questions about this position please contact email@example.com.
Welcome with your application!