In Stora Enso Biomaterials, we develop innovative and sustainable solutions enhancing the well-being of the people and the planet. Inspired by the way people live and act, we constantly rethink status-quos across different sectors starting from renewable feedstock that does not compete with food. By integrating breakthrough innovations from our research to our mills, we transform ideas into tangible and game changing solutions. We have global presence with operations in Brazil, Finland, Laos, Sweden, United States and Uruguay.
The Division’s Innovation function has a key role in developing new applications and solutions addressing well identified customer needs. The newly established Innovation Centre in Stockholm hosts versatile talents in research & development, business development and marketing working together to reach our ambitious goals.
- Perform a key role as a team member in the projects and support product platforms with proactive financial expertise and business insights for business cases elaboration and strategy planning
- Develop financial valuation models, including sensitivities and scenario techniques to support decision-making throughout the stage-gate process
- Partner with technical experts and business development directors, ensuring thorough profitability analysis for the different technologies and applications development
- Constructively evaluate and challenge assumptions to build sound business cases
- Prepare investment projects analysis and support on joint development agreements, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions
- Work on multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Contribute to a collaborative work environment and innovation culture, promoting clear communication and alignment with internal stakeholders
- Support on portfolio management, progress reporting and related KPI’s
- Ensure smooth internal processes and compliance with corporate guidelines
- Coordinate risk management process on projects and functions level
- Partner with Innovation Processes and IT areas on process improvement initiatives
- Compiles and analyses data regarding companies to be acquired and/or to approve partnerships
- Support due diligence and elaboration of key negotiation points, working with cross functional teams
- University education in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering
- Business controlling, FP&A, M&A, private equity or consulting, 6-8 years of professional experience
- Proven track record in business cases elaboration, financial modelling, valuation, investment analysis
- Preferably with experience of bio-technology, chemical, healthcare and/or life sciences industries
- Experience supporting new business development, innovation and R&D organizations is a plus
- International experience and/or experience working in a multicultural environment
- Strong finance and business acumen, with good knowledge of business cases elaboration
- Knowledge and sound experience with investment valuation techniques
- Demonstrated financial modelling skills, with proven ability to develop financial projections, sensitivity and scenario analysis
- Experience with strategy processes, market analysis and gathering competitive intelligence
- Ability to work on multiple, complex projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
- Project management skills
- Experience with stage-gate and risk assessment methodologies
- Excellent English skills, both written and writing
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Hands-on attitude and strong work ethics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage complex internal stakeholders, interacting effectively with management and project team members, across functional departments
- Self-motivated, with a positive mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
- Continuous risk and change assessments to manage uncertainty related to the projects
- Take ownership and drive positive change
- Solid analytical skills, detail oriented and strong business sense
- Flexible and willing to run the extra-mile
- Ability to work independently and to handle stress
The final application date is March 16th, please apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are ongoing.
Please note that we only accept applications via Stora Enso's Career Pages.
We have made our media selection for this recruitment and therefore declines contact with advertisers and sales staff for recruitment services.
No applications registered on Manpower/Experis websites will be included in the recruitment process.
Cheya Shwani, HR Specialist: Cheya.Shwani@storaenso.com and +46 73-059 68 75