Now we are looking for a System test engineer ready for the next challenge! This is a long-term consultancy at Bombardier RCS, which works to develop signal systems to ensure safe trains. Warm welcome with your application!
“Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in the rail industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signaling. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide and our employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions, including rail vehicles, propulsion and control systems, bogies, signaling systems as well as maintenance services.
Our location in Stockholm is the global head office of Bombardier's rail control solutions division. We have been contributing to the evolution of railway signaling for over 100 years from this site and delivering innovative solutions to our customers all over the world”
Purpose of the job
The System Test Engineer is responsible for reviewing requirements and design for testability, for creating test environments and for verifying that the products fulfill their requirements by test. This includes both functional and type tests (i.e. climate, vibration, EMC, etc...).
The System Test Engineer is also expected to assist the project manager in creating a test plan; to identify the test activities that shall be performed in order to adequately verify the product and the optimal sequence in which those activities should be performed. Experience testing or developing systems for use in safety critical applications is an asset.
Our systems contain both Software and Hardware sub-systems which we design and test in-house. Consequently, the system test engineer role is multidisciplinary. It requires basic knowledge of both HW and SW aspects of embedded system design.
In your role you will:
• Devise a test strategy for safety critical embedded systems.
• Review requirements and design for testability.
• Develop test environments for new products and maintain existing test equipment.
• Develop functional and design test specifications for embedded systems.
• Execute the system tests and document the results
• Test products for compliance to industry standards (e.g. Environmental and EMC testing).
• Report product defects and propose mitigations
• Participate in field tests and fault tracing if needed
Your experience and qualifications
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 3 years of work experience in embedded system design or verification
• Experience developing test platforms
• Experience creating test plans/specifications for embedded systems
• Familiarity with type testing is an asset (EMC, Vibration, Climate tests)
• Knowledge of CENELEC and/or safety critical development is an asset
• Experience with RF circuit design or testing is an asset
• Fluent in both English and Swedish
• Willing to travel up to 5% per year
What can we offer you?
• Valuable experience
• Fun and interesting assignments
• Possibility to develop your skills on behalf of some of Sweden's largest companies in several different industries
• Secure employment in collective agreements with overtime compensation, vacation, occupational pension and insurance
• A consultant manager who supports and helps you with your career planning
Warmly welcome your application by registering your resume via the link to the right, selection is ongoing. We do not accept applications via mail but if you have questions about the assignment or about the role of consultant, you are welcome to email candidate specialist Julia Järvholm at email@example.com.