Stora Enso’s Biomaterials division offers a wide variety of pulp grades to meet the demands of board, paper, tissue, hygiene and textile producers. We are maximising the business potential of the by-products extracted in our process, such as tall oil and turpentine from biomass. Based on our strong innovation approach, all fractions of biomass, like sugars and lignin, hold substantial potential for use in various applications. We have a global presence with operations in Brazil, Finland, Sweden, Uruguay and the USA. The Division’s Innovation function has a key role in developing new applications and solutions addressing well identified customer needs. The Innovation Centre for biomaterials in Stockholm hosts versatile talents in research, business development and marketing working together to reach our ambitious goals.
Division Biomaterials is now looking for a Regulatory and Life Cycle Assessment Specialist based in Stockholm. Your role will be to provide regulatory and LCA support to our projects in which products develop from concept in the laboratory to industrial implementation. The position is new and your task will be to build up the processes needed to ensure that new products can reach the market smoothly by timely and adequately identifying and addressing future regulatory requirements and mitigating regulatory risks.
- Ensure that the Innovation Centre’s products meet worldwide regulatory requirements by supporting assigned regulatory aspects of product approval and post-marketing compliance.
- Support innovation project teams proactively in regulatory mapping for new products in global markets, outline regulatory risks and define mitigation actions
- Provide safety data sheets for new products on demand
- Conduct Life Cycle Assessments for new products
- Research and analyze regulatory information and determine acceptability of data, procedures, and other product-related documentation presented in support of product registration.
- Continuous proactive monitoring of regulatory changes which might open opportunities for product development in the bio-based material or chemical arena.
- Support the timely completion of regulatory milestones and submission of documentation to regulatory agencies.
- Review, evaluate, compile and archive files and reports for submissions to regulatory authorities
- Provides project team representation and direction in managing information from/to other departments (including R&D, Operations, Sales and Marketing) regarding Regulatory submissions.
- Work in close co-operation with the other Divisions in Stora Enso on matters related to regulatory requirements and LCA
- BS/MS in Environmental, Science or Engineering
- 8-12 years’ experience in similar position.
- Background and experience in the chemical industry
- Experience with EFSA (EU) /FDA (USA) regulatory compliance.
- Experience with LCA/LCI data systems and LCA methodologies
- Ability to balance regulatory compliance requirements and business goals to ensure positive results for both customers and for the Company.
- Ability in understanding of technical processes.
- Ability to structure and coordinate working packages.
- Preparation of outlines, summaries, status and risk reports, graphs, charts, tables and slides for distribution and communication to project managers and management.
- Excellent communication, organizational and collaboration skills.
- Able to work both independently and in intercultural teams.
- A “hands-on” energetic individual who enjoys challenges, a quick pace, and is capable and dedicated to getting the job done.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- High integrity, in handling confidential information.
- Excellent Business English required. Swedish and/or Finnish considered advantage.
David Almqvist (Director Product Manager Lignin): David.Almqvist@storaenso.com and +46 70-660 21 12
Cheya Shwani (HR Specialist): Cheya.Shwani@storaenso.com and +46 73-059 68 7
The final application date is 9th of March, please apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are ongoing. Please note that we only accept applications via Stora Enso's Career Pages, https://storaenso.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=008039&lang=en
No applications registered on Manpower/Experis websites will be included in the recruitment process.
We have made our media selection for this recruitment and therefore declines contact with advertisers and sales staff for recruitment services.