Part of the bio-economy, Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper globally. Our customers include packaging producers, brand owners, paper and board producers, publishers, retailers, print houses, converters, and joinery and construction companies. We believe that everything that is made from fossil-based materials today can be made from a tree tomorrow. Our materials are renewable, reusable and recyclable, and form the building blocks for a range of innovative solutions that can help replace products based on fossil fuels and other non-renewable materials. Stora Enso has some 26 000 employees in over 30 countries. Our sales in 2017 were EUR 10 billion, with an operational EBIT of EUR 1 billion. Stora Enso shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Oy (STEAV, STERV) and Nasdaq Stockholm AB (STE A, STE R). We make every effort to use 100% of a tree for our products as well as for producing bioenergy. In production, we are pushing towards carbon neutrality as much as it is technically and commercially feasible. We practice and promote sustainable forestry, and work to ensure that more trees are planted than are harvested.
The Innovation Centre for biomaterials is now looking for a Senior Specialist Business Development Cellulose Products (Commercial Support).
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Develop a customer base for selected business development initiatives according to set strategic objectives and KPIs
- Proactively contact the customers, introducing the new products and technologies
- Manage the customer relationships and developing it from sampling, customer trials, application development to sales agreements.
- Contribute to defining the pricing strategy for the new products
- Propose and clearly articulate a strong value proposition including key technical properties, technical & economic vectors of differentiation, functional benefits and compelling reasons to buy.
- Gather a deeper understanding of the customers and target markets including different production processes, raw materials, cost levels, competing products & technologies and end-uses.
- Develop new presentation materials when needed.
- Close the feedback loop and feed external input back into the R&D and innovation pipeline.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities for a sustainable and profitable growth in biomaterials leveraging internal and external technology & business intelligence sources.
- An advanced degree in Engineering, Natural Sciences and/or Material Sciences is required.
- Education in Business Administration or commercial training
- A total of relevant working experience of minimum 5 years
- Proven track record from selling new technical products.
- Strong communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to build effective working relationships within multicultural teams across geographies and backgrounds.
- Excellent technical sales skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good technical knowledge of
- Microfibrillated cellulose & pulp
- Paper & fiber-based material industry
- Chemical industry
- Experience from developing new applications for polymers, fibers or chemicals
- Understanding of the whole value chain from ideation, R&D, operations and rollout.
- Ability to build effective working relationships within multicultural teams across geographies and backgrounds.
- Good project management abilities.
- Good negotiation skills
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel.
Personality traits & Other abilities:
- Creative individual with a problem-solver mindset and can-do attitude.
- Detailed-oriented with a strong technical background and strategic thinking.
- Proactive and results-driven.
- Communicative and relationship-building.
You will report to: Business Development Manager