Do you want a meaningful job where you get the opportunity to lead an accounting department? Then you have the opportunity to apply for this job at RWE Renewables in Malmö. We are now looking for our new colleague for a job as Team Lead Accounting.
About the role
RWE Renewables ranks among the largest global players in power generation from renewable energies with a total installed generation capacity of 9 gigawatts and an additional 2.6 gigawatts under construction. Our technology portfolio covers onshore and offshore wind, utility-scale photovoltaic (PV) solar power and energy storage. Our 3,600 renewables experts develop, build and operate large renewable energy assets in 15 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
We are offering you, an open minded, self-confident and independent senior manager, the role of Team Lead Accounting of RWE Renewables Sweden/Scandinavia. It is your chance to meet the current and future challenges of the RWE Renewables group of companies in Sweden/Scandinavia together with your team.
For example, you will work with:
- Provide and manage local accounting business/M&A support in collaboration with the central Projects & New Markets team in Essen
- Ensure functioning accounting related internal control system (ICS)
- Manage local auditors for all statutory GAAP and IFRS package audits and local audit budgets
- Finance director role in local board mandates to ensure local financial compliance and the functioning of the backbone finance
- Develop the local accounting organization (managing external service providers and building up inhouse expertise as needed) according to business requirements and drive efficiency
What we are looking for
In order for you to succeed in the role, we believe that you have a education in economics, business administration, finance or similar education.
We also believe that you have worked for at least five years in an finance position with a focus on accounting.
As a person you have strong integration and intercultural skills as well as communication skills with the ability to negotiate internally and externally at high levels.
We want you to have experience of:
- ERP systems and reporting systems and processes
- Knowledge of local GAAP specifics and corporate law accounting requirements
- Comfortable with complex accounting and finance structures
- You have the ability to collaborate globally in cross-functional teams and actively involve yourself with a pragmatic and fact-focused attitude
You are fluent in English, Swedish and other Scandinavian languages highly beneficial.
We offer you
Our goal is to rapidly expand the use of renewables energies with technologies that address the growing concern about energy security, energy affordability, and climate change.
In Sweden we operate onshore and offshore wind farms. In line with our growth ambitions we are expanding our portfolio with new renewables assets, like Nysäter wind farm (475 MW) which is now under construction and represents one of the biggest onshore projects not only in Sweden, but also across Europe.