Trygg-Hansa is one of Scandinavia's largest Insurance Companies. We offer business insurance, private insurance and health insurance. We are a total of approx. 3,300 employees in Scandinavia and approx. 1450 employees in Sweden. Codan is part of the RSA Group, one of the world's largest global Insurance Companies. Read more about Trygg-Hansa at www.trygghansa.se.
RSA Internal Audit is not your typical audit function. We are on an ambitious journey to create the best function we can for our company and our people. That means we're not afraid to challenge the status quo and sometimes do things differently. Most importantly, we believe that great people are the key to our success. This is why we work hard to provide a challenging, but supportive environment to thrive in, both as individuals and as a team.
We are currently looking for a Head of Audit to support the Regional Chief Auditor in Scandinavia.
This is a senior role focused on helping the Scandinavian Board and Executive Management to protect the assets and reputation of Codan/Trygg-Hansa, and to contribute to sustainable improvement in the Region's Governance, and Risk and Control Framework. The role supports the Regional Chief Auditor in the development and delivery of a risk based audit plan; the reporting of the audit results and analysis of the control environment to the Scandinavia Executive Team, Regional and Group Audit Committees and Boards; influencing senior management and executives regarding risk and control improvements; leading the Regional Audit Team; and ensuring compliance with professional practices and regulatory requirements.
The role will work closely with the leaders of other assurance providers to leverage expertise and ensure an aligned assurance model is delivered.
The Head of position forms part of the global GIA Leadership Team and is responsible for leading the global function, including its strategic direction and performance in line with best practices; and the planning and delivery of thematic reviews across several Regions. The role will use strong influencing and relationship building skills, and enjoys building a broad knowledge of the RSA business to enhance engagement with the business and support the regional audit teams. When required, the Head of Audit Scandinavia will deputise for the Regional Chief Auditor.
What does it take to thrive in our team?
We believe that to build a best-in-class, future proof Internal Audit function we need a diverse range of academic backgrounds, skillsets and thinking. While there is no single template for people to be successful in RSA Internal Audit, there are some qualities all our people share. Our people:
- Have excellent academic credentials; and have shown strong progression throughout their career.
- Produce quality deliverables; stay focused when they need to deliver; and are able to see the big picture while at the same time identifying important details.
- Are hierarchy agnostic and like to challenge the status quo; get to the bottom of things; and don't mind asking probing questions if it helps to achieve the right outcome.
- Take ownership; volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked; and are comfortable being challenged.
- Work well independently and in teams; love upskilling themselves; and are able to adapt and think on their feet in a fast changing environment.
- Communicate comfortably in person and in writing; navigate through the politics of business; are able to understand different perspectives; and build strong stakeholder relationships.
Minimum academic and professional requirements:
- Master degree in business or finance and professional qualification in a relevant field (e.g. Certified Auditor, CIA or equivalent).
- 10+ years of progressive experience in the field of internal audit and/or risk management or external audit. Experience from the Big 4 is meriting.
- Solid experience from the Insurance or Financial Sector, either directly or through a leading accounting/consulting firm.
- Experience to navigate and build strong relationships in a dynamic, complex international organisation, with a multitude of cultures.
- Excellent English skills
What is it like to work with us?
- We are proactive and aim to be ahead of the game. Our dynamic and forward-looking plan allows us to quickly respond and be on top of emerging risks and the areas that matter most. All our people are being equipped with skills and capabilities relevant for the future, including the fundamentals of digital and agile developments. We have dedicated learning days where everybody is free to choose what they learn. Data Analytics and Cultural assessments are simply part of the way we audit.
- As part of RSA Internal Audit you will be working within one or more squads at any point in time to deliver audits and other key initiatives. Based on your strengths, skillset and level of experience we will discuss where you can make the biggest difference and learn and develop the most.
Are you up for the challenge?
If this is the kind of environment you would thrive in, please submit your application using the "Send application" buttom above.
We look forward receiving your application. We select applications continuously. Please apply by sending your CV and application as soon as possible but at the latest 16:th of May 2019.