RSA Scandinavia is now building the foundation for a true data and customer driven company. Data and Reporting is part of the Nordic Analytic centre of excellence that will help us achieve this vision. Trygg Hansa är en del av RSA Scandinavia.
Data architect/Data modeler
We are looking for a Data architect/Data modeler to the Data and Reporting team. You will be part of a team that is responsible for establishing a solid data foundation where upon our business can build solutions and take actions backed by data. The Data and Reporting team is operating between an existing and future RSA Scandinavia data environment, where data is key to delivering results and driving our company forward.
You will be part of a competent team responsible for handling data and reporting within Underwriting, Pricing and Portfolio Management across the Scandinavian region (Sweden, Denmark and Norway). Some traveling may be required.
Education and experience
- Bachelor, Master's or equivalent degree in one or more of the following fields: Computer Science, Computer Programming, Economics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience from insurance industry is an advantage.
Preferred skills and qualifications
- You have experience with handling large amounts of data in complex system setups.
- You understand how to take an existing data and system setup and transform it into a new future context.
- You have a passion for data and data modelling with experience in working with data platforms (e.g. MSSQL, Oracle, Hadoop/Hive etc.).
- You have a high degree of technical skills and experience with different software solutions in the data and reporting domain (e.g. PowerBI/Qlik, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SAS etc.).
- You have an interest in programming languages and like to learn new languages. Experience in SAS, SQL etc. is an advantage.
- You are interested in and curious about new technologies and like to learn.
- As a person you are highly independent with an ambition to always seek a better solution and striving to be ahead on the new trends.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and like to be part of a dynamic work environment where you work closely with different parts of the organization
- You are structured and accurate with the ability to deliver high quality work.
- Language: Fluent in Swedish, Danish or Norwegian as well as English (written and spoken).
Some of your tasks and areas of responsibility will be:
- Taking an existing data and/or reporting solution and together with the business transforming it into a future state based on best practices.
- Doing data modelling for existing solutions turning them into a new future state.
- Communicating business demands to data and reporting demands and documenting these demands for backend and frontend development.
- Documentation of future solutions in a way that makes it possible for others to take over.
- Doing solution design were focus is on best practices taking into account solution stability, solution simplicity, data quality and data linage.
- Doing test design to secure that existing and future solutions are well tested.
What we can offer
- Be part of an offensive initiative to improve our already prominent position in the analytical space in the insurance industry
- Interesting, varied and challenging work tasks in a pleasant and informal working environment
- Access to a global network of expertise through RSA, with very good opportunities for professional development.
- Work location: Malmö
Please submit your application no later than 03th June, by this bottom:
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
If you have questions about the role, please contact Annette Björkquist-Åhstedt på 042-371607
Frida Hermansdotter/Forena, phone +46 701 68 28 18, Elisabeth Sandblom/Forena, phone +46 701 68 36 68 and Lena Darin/SACO, phone +46 701 68 28 44
RSA is one of the world's largest multifunctional insurance groups with over 300 years of experience and over 20 million customer worldwide. Our people are committed to build a dynamic internal culture where our people love what they do and feel motivated to keep things moving for customers, for their colleagues and as a part of their own growth and development. In RSA, employing positive people is how we achieve success. At RSA we have a culture that supports and rewards high performance with competitive reward policy for top performers. Our rewards package includes competitive compensation, work/life balance, opportunity to learn and the chance to make a difference working for a worldwide industry leader.