As a consultant/subcontractor at Experis, we offer you the opportunity to develop your skills on some of the largest companies in several different industries.
For our Client we are looking for a IT Solution Architect!
The energy industry is experiencing a trend of increasing amount of distributed (renewable) energy generations. Unlike centralized conventional energy generation facilities which link to the (ultra) high voltage grid network, most of the distributed (renewable) energy generations directly connect to the local – medium to low voltage energy system. In response to the increasing number of local energy generation assets, the Client would like to develop a local balancing software solution based on intelligence of local optimization for municipality, distribution system operators and business customers. The local balancing software will enable the following:
- Transparency on the level of self-sufficiency provided by the local energy generation assets
- Increased degree of autarky (/self-sufficient) via forecast of the local energy generation & consumption and therefore,
- Reduce the intake of energy from the central network/overlying grid and the corresponding cost
- Smart and remote steering of the local energy generation assets
Project scoping is in evolution and requirements are shaped in close alignment between grid business, engineers, Front-end, Back-end and other affected stakeholders and also central IT architecture team.
Tasks / responsibilities:
- Define IT solution architecture for the project
- Design IT components including conducting business analysis and requirements engineering, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment and technology selection
- Manage the relationships with other IT functions, e.g. central architecture team, IT security, SW developers, vendors
- Agile working mode – solution design is based on MVPs; Scrum if possible
Sound expertise and many years of experience in
- Proven experience with analysis, design and implementation of IT solutions for Energy Networks business
- Deep technical knowledge and experience with IT solutions in at least two of the following areas is required: Network Operations (SCADA), Energy Management Systems, Microgrids, Integration, Data & Information Modelling, Analytics
- Good knowledge in Cloud platforms, e.g. Azure
Can-do attitude and working mode
Strong communication skills in English
Contribute to joint team spirit
Period: from 1.4.18 – 8 Months
Onsite/Offsite: 100% Onsite