Peratech is a pressure-sensing technology solutions company that provides next-generation touch and haptics solutions to some of the most exciting and innovative companies in automotive, industrial, musical instrument, electronic appliance, and consumer electronics markets. Our patented QTCTM technology sits at the crossroads of Physics and Chemistry, requiring a balance of clever thinking and problem-solving in Materials Science, Mechanical and Electronics engineering to take full advantage of its properties. We are a small team of passionate technologists, engineers, scientists, and problem solvers looking for the best fellow teammates to help make our company a great success. We are an equal opportunity employer that believes the best people come from all walks of life all over the world.
We are looking for a Mechanical Integration engineer with excellent analytical, problem solving, and prototyping skills who will be an important part of building our new cross functional team in Stockholm. Peratech is increasing our mechanical integration capabilities and offers you an exciting role as our Mechanical Integration Engineer to work on new products, prototypes and force sensing solutions.
In this role you will...
- Build and prototype force sensing projects with varied Peratech Sensors.
- Work closely with both the electronic and software teams to ensure best in class integration and performance
- Create customer solutions based on loose requirements and a capability to define any missing requirements for the customer
- Create application and customer documentation allowing others to effectively integrate Peratech sensors into a wide variety of products
The position will require international travel depending on business needs.
- A BSc level or above in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, and/or Mechatronics
- At least five years' experience in mechanical integration engineering
- Experience with integrating solutions in control panels, membrane switches, touch screens and other physical interfaces
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- You can communicate at a professional level
- You need to have a valid work permit in EU for at least one year and you need to be able to work in Stockholm.
Peratech is looking for a person with excellent knowledge of force sensing and how this is affected by different material stack-ups. You can quickly analyse and determine what a customer's requirements are and formulate designs to meet those requirements.
Your theoretical and applied knowledge encompasses the following:
- Knowledge of mechanics with deformable bodies
- Knowledge of force distribution and how to calculate transmission in a mechanical stack-up
- Working with products or materials with small tolerances, between 10-250 microns
- Proficient in design and modelling software. (SolidWorks and/or Ansys preferred)
- Building prototypes with different types of materials and processes(design - order - integration - test)
- Disassembly and reassembly of electronic products to integrate new parts or solutions
- Understanding of high volume manufacturing processes and how they impact design, so that solutions can be mass produced using typical production processes and materials.
As a person you are a doer, able to efficiently drive technical projects to completion. You have strong communication skills, both internally and externally. You should be a creative solutions-oriented person, who can manage projects including documentation and other routine jobs. In this role you should have a broad breadth in your skills and enjoy working independently in a creative and strategic role.
We offer you varied and innovative work in a small company where you will be involved in the entire product development process, from requirement specification to production. The work is conducted in a project form and you will work in close cooperation with marketing and production, as well as globally distributed customers.
The process will be on going and interviews will be held before the last application date. Therefor don't hesitate to show us that you are the right person for this opportunity by applying immediately. We are looking forward to your application!
For this recruitment Peratech is cooperating with Experis Engineering. For more information regarding the process please call responsible recruitment consultant Håkan Kempel +467302118 33.