Trygg-Hansa is one of Scandinavia's largest Insurance Companies. We offer business insurance, private insurance and health insurance. We are a total of approx. 3,300 employees in Scandinavia and approx. 1450 employees in Sweden. Codan is part of the RSA Group, one of the world's largest global Insurance Companies. Read more about Trygg-Hansa at www.trygghansa.se. Follow us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/trygghansa and LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/trygg-hansa
Do you want to join Trygg Hansa continued Advanced Analytic journey?
Do you want to work with the latest technologies within Big Data and Cloud, like Hadoop, Spark, Hive and Azure, as well as very large datasets? Do you have experience with one or several of these technologies?
If so, then contact us to hear more about how you can be part of an exciting journey, where you play a key role in developing and maintaining our new Advanced Analytics Platform!
As a Senior Data Engineer, you play a key role in the success of Business Analytics team in Scandinavia. Since we are building a new advanced analytics platform, you will be responsible for creating, expanding and optimizing our dataflow architecture.
You are an experienced data flow builder, who is self-directed and comfortable with supporting the data needs from multiple teams, systems and products. You will also ensure that the optimal data delivery architecture is consistent across the projects. We work in small highly collaborative agile teams that typically includes Data Scientists, Software Engineers, Analysts and a Product Manager. You and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Trygg Hansa and our customers.
The position is based in Malmö, but you will work closely with the Business Analytics team in Oslo and Copenhagen, some travelling will be required.
- You have a ‘can-do attitude’ with strong focus on customer service and Solution delivery
- You have the ability to take the lead, to encourage new ideas and take ownership of challenges, individually and in teams
- You have the ability and desire to create a culture that supports learning, renewal, knowledge sharing and collaboration
- You work in a structured manner and are good in time management
- You have proven experience with implementing and/or managing solutions in the area of Business Analytics
- You have proven experience with interacting and influencing key stakeholders at all levels across the organisation
- You have the ability to perform under pressure and make decisions that moves the initiatives forward
- You are fluent in English both written and spoken.
Responsibilities for Senior Data Engineer
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture around Hadoop and big data
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the Data Infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ / Hadoop technologies.
- Build analytics tools to support the data flow.
- Work with stakeholders including the Analyst, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist to build Advanced Analytics.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Technical Qualifications for Senior Data Engineer
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets, operational data sets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures and metadata.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, kafka, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ Hadoop HDFS data stores.
- We are looking for a candidate with 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc
- Knowledge about object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Why work with me? - Peter Lundberg - Recruitment Manager
How am I as a manager? I delegate my responsibility to my employees, I do this because I think people grow with responsibility. I think it is important to have fun at work and I am trying to create the conditions for an open climate in the team where we provide and take feedback in a caring way.
What are my strengths / weaknesses? My strengths are that I dare to say what I think and how I think. I am absolutely convinced that openness is the key to clear communication. I would like to try new ways of working to make my business move forward and develop. I am not a detail person, but I have easy understanding of the big picture, and leave the details of those who work with the process.
What have I done before? I have worked in many different roles in IT and the business. In recent years I have held various leadership and management positions.
What do I expect from my employees? I expect openness and delivery of the agreed goals in line with our company’s values: 1) be curios, 2) shout out and make things better, 3) be team spirited, 4) keep your commitments, 5) be you and team hearted are important.
Codan works with Experis in this process. Welcome with your application as soon as possible. We select applications continuously. If you have any questions regarding the position please contact Recruitment Consultant Igor Micanovic on +46406656144 or Patrik Wolf on +46406606320. Please apply by sending your CV and application as soon as possible but at the latest 27: th of June 2018.
Apply by clicking the link--> https://trygghansa.teamtailor.com/jobs/73696-senior-data-engineer?promotion=44259-trackable-share-link-experis
FTF Elisabeth Sandblom, 070-168 36 68
SACO Lena Darin, 070-168 28 44
Not something for you? – Inform a colleague about the job!