Stora Enso AB is now looking for a Laboratory engineer for Organic chemistry to join the Innovation centre for biomaterials in Stockholm. The candidate will be working in the laboratory with cutting edge research projects in the field of bio-based chemicals and processes. The responsibilities will include developing, executing and optimizing new and existing concepts and synthesis methods in the laboratory for bio-based chemicals and resins as well as for advanced fractionation methods. The candidate will work in close collaboration with the researchers in the R&D teams.
In this role you will be part of a dynamic international and interdisciplinary team and report to the Laboratory Manager. The position will be located at Stora Enso’s new Innovation Centre in Sickla, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Develop, carry out and optimise synthesis of bio-based chemicals and resins in the laboratory
- Participate in developing biorefinery concepts from relevant biomasses and fractions
- Support analytical investigation of bio-based chemicals
- Record, compile and interpret the experimental and analytical data
- Execute general laboratory work which includes coordination of work processes, ordering of chemicals and lab supplies, administration of experimental samples and chemicals, calibration and maintenance of equipment, registration in laboratory data systems
- Update and maintain inventories, lab procedures and routines relating to technical aspects, quality and safety
- Consider safety throughout all aspects of work and ensure safety standards in the laboratory/area of responsibility are in line with safety procedures and regulations
Profile & Core Qualifications
- University degree in chemistry and good knowledge of organic chemistry laboratory techniques
- >2 years work experience
- Proven record in relevant organic chemistry laboratory work
- Dynamic work attitude with analytical and systematic approach
- Good team working and communication skills and readiness to work in an international multicultural environment
- Good knowledge in Microsoft office tools
- Fluency in English is required, the working language is English
If you enjoy laboratory work and collaboration with cross-functional teams in an international dynamic environment this can be the role for you.
The final application date is March 9th, please apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are ongoing. Please note that we only accept applications via Stora Enso's Career Pages. https://storaenso.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobsearch.ftl?lang=sv
We have made our media selection for this recruitment and therefore declines contact with advertisers and sales staff for recruitment services.
No applications registered on Manpower/Experis websites will be included in the recruitment process.
For additional information please contact:
Linda Renholm, Laboratory Manager firstname.lastname@example.org and +46 (0)73-093 42 45,
Jari Kavakka, Sr organic chemist, Jari.Kavakka@storaenso.com and +46 72-507 04 30
Cheya Shwani, HR Specialist, Cheya.email@example.com and +46 73 059 68 75
In this recruitment, Stora Enso cooperates with Manpowergroup Solutions, a sister company of Experis. If you have any questions about the application, please contact us: +46 (0) 8 764 24 40.