Here it is. Your chance to bring your innovative mind and passion for technology and communication to the most influential small town in the world.Here it is. Your chance to bring your innovative mind and passion for technology and communication to the most influential small town in the world.
Can you really reach out to the whole world, while working in a tranquil idyll in the middle of nowhere? In Älmhult you can. Älmhult, Sweden is home to IKEA Communications AB, aka ICOM. ICOM produces IKEA.com, which is visited around 2.3 billion times a year. We're also behind the IKEA catalogue with a yearly circulation of around 220 million copies. On top of that, we churn out a ton of content for social media, not to mention motion media and 3D work for an international audience. So, what happens in Älmhult doesn't stay in Älmhult. It reaches practically every corner of the globe.
Right now, we're looking for a Solution Architect. Someone who's always on the lookout for improvement, fine tuning and innovation. Someone with the talent of leading the technical requirement gathering and design for custom solutions. Someone who could ensure that major changes to system and integration architecture are successfully delivered.
The department of Development & Operational IT (D.O.I.T) is one of the facilitators for opportunities at IKEA Communications. Technology innovations change society and people's lives. This applies specifically to the rapid development in communications. Therefore D.O.I.T is not just a support function at ICOM, but part of our core operations, with the purpose to integrate technology development with our business.
As Solution Architect you will be the responsible for driving the technical design and implementation of the system development life cycle, providing technical recommendations for our products and services. You will evaluate distributed architectures and identify physical and virtual hardware and software needs, while maximizing maintainability and cost-effectiveness.
In the role you will be responsible for:
- Providing modern, scalable and high-performing technical solutions.
- Translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Researching, designing and implementing new software functionality.
- Monitoring and developing existing software and identifying project issues or risks and present areas for modification.
- Integrating existing software and getting incompatible platforms to work together.
- Evaluating technologies for company-wide adoption.
- Preparing and presenting communication material and acting as a technology advisor.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science related area.
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills with technical and non-technical audiences, as well as fluency in English in required.
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills, and collaborative mind-set
- Familiarity and experience from modern agile and full-stack development.
- Experience within system and integration development (preferably within 3D production processes, although this is not a requirement).
- Experience from working with enterprise, solution or technical architecture.
- Experience in architecting, managing and supporting shared computer infrastructure software.
- General knowledge of PLM systems, Media Production as well as familiarity with VR.
- Self-starter motivation with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
What is IKEA Communications?
The mission of IKEA Communication (ICOM) is to create and produce excellent communication that positions IKEA as a strong, unique and meaningful brand. We contribute to IKEA with global consumer centric and content driven communication. We strive for an agile way of working in an everlasting journey of developing the business. At ICOM we believe that our workplaces should be about people. They should be sustainable and reflect our values and needs, both in the physical and the virtual working environment. We believe that we perform, innovate, collaborate and meet our business goals in the best way when we can choose where, when and how we work.
Älmhult has good commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund, Växjö and IKEA bus to Helsingborg back and forth several times per day.
Contact & Application
In this recruitment process we cooperate with Experis IT. If you have any questions regarding this position, please don't hesitate to contact Jenny Järgren, recruitment consultant at Experis IT, phone +46(0)70-255 71 43 or . You apply for the position by clicking the apply link by the ad at www.experis.se. The selection is ongoing, therefore apply as soon as possible.
Welcome with your application!