We are looking for
a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) specialist who would like to develop a knowledge base for our products’ life cycle footprint, and to establish methods and systems to secure and maintain information quality over time. Monitoring of our products’ environmental footprint and improvement of product sustainability are important parts of Höganäs’ ambitious sustainability strategy.
Read more about our sustainability work in Höganäs’ sustainability report 2017: https://beta.hoganas.com/globalassets/download-media/corporate/sustainability/hoganas-hallbarhetsrapport-2017.pdf
We are looking for you
with a university degree on masters level, or similar knowledge acquired through relevant work experience. You have at least three years of versatile experience within LCA, preferably from industry or consulting, ideally from a similar position in an international company. Experience from the steel industry is valuable.
You are fluent in English, both spoken and written. Swedish is advantageous. You have a technical background and you are familiar with working with different LCI (Life Cycle Inventory) databases. Critical review of external data sources as well as pressure testing of data provided internally is a natural part of your approach to LCA.
As a person you are analytical, accurate, independent and able to communicate with people on an international level. You are dedicated to sustainability improvements and you can put detailed analysis results in a broader sustainability context.
About the position
The position is located at Höganäs AB in Höganäs in Sweden. The LCA specialist is responsible for systematic evaluation of Höganäs’ new and existing products and collection of product-related sustainability data based on the LCA methodology and to develop common standards, tools and methods to support the business. The responsibilities include:
- Being the center of expertise and build competence for Höganäs’ products life cycle footprint
- Collect LCI data and prepare LCAs and EPDs (Environmental Product Declarations) for Höganäs’ products globally
- Monitor national and international legislation and standardization within the LCA area and actively participate in national and international standardization work within the LCA area
- Responsible for Höganäs’ LCI/LCA databases
- Implement efficient and standardized ways of working with data collection and LCA
- Support Höganäs’ global organization with LCI/LCA data
- Actively participate in the prioritization of Höganäs’ work with our products life cycle footprint
- Suggest, drive and participate in projects facilitating LCI/LCA data handling
- Monitor the international development within the area of life cycle footprint, both concerning environmental and social impact
Working at Höganäs
We aim to offer a great and meaningful place to work where you can fulfil your potential and ambitions. We have a clear management philosophy, and just like us you are convinced that it is through collaboration and openness we develop as individuals and as a company. We see all employees, regardless of position, as leaders when we approach the challenges that the world - and we - face. In close cooperation with our stakeholders, we steer towards our vision about a sustainable society – Inspire industry to make more with less.
More about Höganäs
Höganäs is the world's leading manufacturer of iron and metal powders. Together with our customers we develop tomorrow's automotive components, products for brazing, electric motors and systems for sustainable energy production. During 2017 the turnover was SEK 8,223 million. Höganäs, founded in 1797, is owned by Lindéngruppen and FAM.
Experis is Höganäs’ partner in this recruitment process. Application is done by clicking on the link in the ad on www.experis.se. The final application date is 31st August. For more information please contact recruitment consultant Rikard Karlsson on +46 709 316 318 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sustainability Manager Raissa Kruse on +46 42 33 8109 or email@example.com