If you are an experienced and confident accountant, this can be an exciting role for you. We look forward to receiving your application!
We provide our business customers with a full range of financial services for the truck, construction equipment, bus, and marine industries. The primary brands that Volvo Financial Services supports are Volvo Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Buses, Mack Trucks, Renault Trucks, UD Trucks, SDLG and Eicher.
Volvo Financial Services was formed in 2001 and is headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA. The company employs over 1,400 people worldwide and provides customer financing and insurance in over 40 countries.
Our respectful and supportive culture makes us an employer of choice for our industry and the first finance choice for the Volvo Group's customers and dealers. While we are a global organization, we also leverage local expertise for execution. We are committed to developing and maintaining long-term relationships throughout business cycles.
The Senior Accountant executes all relevant accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards and ensures that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws and reporting requirements. The Senior Accountant performs more complex and comprehensive accounting activities and could be the subject matter expert in certain identified accounting areas.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analysing account information and managing any tax related activities assigned. Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies. Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Produces error-free accounting reports and present their results to the chief accountant according to schedule
- Maintains accurate and up to date records of all financial Transactions and supports CA in the interaction with external auditors. Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements as instructed by Chief Accountant
- Records, classifies and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with accepted local accounting principles and financial reporting standards. Is able to provide background to the transactions that records and to processes that are assigned.
- Spots errors and suggests ways to resolutions
- Tests and validates together with the Chief Accountant any system implementation or process change. Supports the Chief Accountant in the deliverables of any market, regional or subregional project that is assigned providing accounting expertise. Supports with any ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Ensures there is proper written documentation and checklists for the duties assigned
- Coaches accountants and provides ideas of improvement. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Understands all the interactions with other functions and drives efficiency and good cooperation. Actively cooperates with other functions and answers questions.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in Finance or related field is required
- Accounting certification is desirable (CIMA, ACCA etc..)
- Typically min of 3-5 years of accounting experience
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Excellent knowledge of reporting standards
- Strong evidence of personal initiative and verbal and written communication skills in Swedish and English.
- Innovative problem solving and strong analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and desire to work within and in support of a team environment
- Proficient with MS Office, with advanced knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint. Advanced knowledge of Hyperion preferred; Experience with SAP desired.
In this recruitment we cooperate with Experis AB. If you have any questions about the job please contact Eva Tiitso, tel 0722-173238. Apply by registering your CV and click on "Apply". We look forward to receiving your application.