Are you looking for new opportunities? Do you want to work for a leading, innovative and global automotive company in Gothenburg? Experis Engineering is currently looking for a Data Engineer to a newly started data science team at our client within the automotive industry. Take the chance and send in your application already today!
At Engine Development Testing, data and data analysis are part of the core business. The analysis of data is used in every step of the engine development process. The data comes from both in-house testing and real-world engine usage. This means that a large amount of data is handled in a lot of different formats, databases and structures.
Lately at our client, data has started to be used in a more sophisticated manner. Internal empirical data driven models and machine learning have been implemented in Virtec, our virtual engine testing environment. A postdoctoral project with Chalmers regarding engine development with artificial neural networks has started. The analysis of real world engine data is becoming more data science oriented. Although a lot of new interesting projects are initialized, complicated demands on the data handling and structuring of data is appearing.
A new data science group is taking shape at our client with the responsibilities to structure data and build data science tools in order to explore it. The group is looking for a data engineer, i.e. a person with knowledge and experience in setting up database structures from raw data, merging data from different sources, building advanced querying tools and general data driven production coding.
What we can offer you is an opportunity to help build a data science team from scratch and contribute to the organization in a self-developing way. Volvo Penta operates on a seemingly flat organizational structure where own initiative is important and highly requested.
- Responsible for data maintenance in the new data science group.
- Set up hardware and software requirements for big data.
- Connect multiple databases and servers.
- Write complex queries for databases.
- Improving data collection procedures.
- Verifying the integrity of data used for analysis and developing automated deviation detection systems.
- Collaborate with engine development project and virtual testing to understand company needs and devise possible solutions.
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends.
- Advanced coding/programming (e.g. Python, Hadoop, Spark, SQL, MongoDB).
- Good understanding of databases, data handling, data structures, etc.
- Previous experience with setting up databases, writing queries, etc. for a new project.
- Working with different file formats and database API’s.
- Great collaboration and communication skills.
- Interest/potential interest in data science/data analysis.
- Knowledge of working in software oriented organizations.
What can we offer you?
Experis Engineering finds and retains the most qualified engineers in the labor market. We are the global leader in accelerating careers and propelling business growth across IT, Finance and Engineering. As a consultant at Experis Engineering you will have access to a career network with thousands of colleagues within your field.
We only accept online applications
Send in your application as soon as possible. The applications will be evaluated continuously.
Experis contact details
Please attach your CV and apply to this position through this web-page. Should you have any questions regarding the position or Experis, you are more than welcome to contact Candidate Specialist Emma Sköldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org